Joyner Hussain posted an update 9 months ago
No doubt about it. My Andy Warhol poster favorites include the weird ones. Well, perhaps not weird around unusual. The soup cans and endless Marilyn variations are interesting–and they’ve got visit denote an entire era. I’m more interested, however, in Warhol as a possible evolving, experimenting introspective artist.
I also like to own conversation pieces adorning my walls. And from the time I became attending school, my Andy Warhol poster collection is doing better at starting conversations than any other art which i have displayed.
Out of your tender are my five Andy Warhol poster picks–with a link towards the bottom if you need to look into the images themselves.
1. Self Portrait with Skull. In the old age, Warhol became more morbid and introspective. This photographic self-portrait jogs my memory a bit of Hamlet. Except older and stranger. (Can we really be stranger than Hamlet? Um, I do think Warhol may just happen to be. Inside a easy way, needless to say.)
2. Experiments with Androgyny. It is easy to dismiss or laugh at pictures of men dressed as women. I admit, I laughed this Andy Warhol poster series off in the beginning. Seriously, Andy. You’re not all that pretty. In Warhol’s case, so much was simply concerning the experimentation. What might this appear to be? What can it’s want to represent an alter ego? Memorably. Warhol’s self-portraits in drag might not be the best selections for general apartment decor, but you are worth a look–just for that originality factor.
3. Warhol’s Dracula Movie Poster. No Andy Warhol poster collection is finished without one or more memorable movie poster. Using the whole vampire movie trend taking place today, you could have fun like a little subversive. Edward and Bella? Supply a rest. Warhol knew dealing with the complete vampire thing with drama, boldness, eroticism, and (of course) a fantastic healthy dose of campiness.
4. The Querelle Movie Poster. This place is edgier, and it’s really only obtainable within the gray color variation about the inexpensive poster sites. But nonetheless, if you like to produce your guests look–and take a look again, read the Querelle Andy Warhol poster.
5. The hole Cat. That is available in poster form as one little bit of the 25 Cats Andy Warhol print. It’s unusual given it almost resembles an Eric Carle illustration. (You already know…the Hungry Caterpillar author.) It offers a sweetness over it (uncharacteristic of Warhol), plus it pops from the white background. You could put this pretty much anywhere–whether a child’s room or higher your selected reading chair.
These are just some of the great, off-the-beaten-path Andy Warhol poster options out there. Warhol was an unusually prolific artist. The earlier a part of his career examined celebrity and culture, along with the latter section of his career involved experimentation with film, photography, Rorschach ink blots, Polaroid images, and self-portraiture.
Check out about
Andy Warhol go to the best internet page